cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Logo engraved on parts

ClaudiuCraciun
6-Contributor

Logo engraved on parts

After years of using ProE with most of the functionalities I found that placing a logo on parts become very difficult.

I have a logo (DXF, IGS or DRW format)

I need to place this one in 3D model and the 3D model will be used to be manufactured.

Witch one is the easiest way.

The logo contains several hundred of entities.

If I use a symbol this one is not recognized in 3D model

if I use curve or costetic the sketch will die trying to regenerate hundred of lines

if I import the IGS becomes a problem if I want to change the scale of the logo based on part size

is it there any way to place a logo in 1 min.

Thx,

CC

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

You can use the warp command to scale the igs. Works well.

Hi Claudiu,

Steve Choryan created a Decal Tutorial video that could be of some help. Take a look.

If you find it useful, leave a comment and rate the content.

-Dan

Thank you for the info.

I did a test and seems that it's working.

thx,

CC

I was taught to import the logo into it's own part file, then merge (use merge/inheritance or assembly-merge) the logo part file into the 3D model part file. This will allow you scale the logo and the part separately. To make the logo engraved or embossed perform a solid offset on the appropriate surface and define the area to offset by using the "sketched region" option

offset.bmp

Pay no attention to the red boundary in the image, that was a screen capture error.

For our logos we create a custom True Type Font. When you type in 1 and choose the font Recycle Logo you get the PETE Recycle Logo.

untitled.bmp

Hi Joe.

This is really a clever way of doing it.
How do you convert into or create your logo as a ttf file?

Erik

We use a program called FontLab to create the font. We import an EPS file of the logo into FontLab and create our own font. Works really well. With a font you can use it with other applications as well. We laser engrave customer logos onto parts and with the font we just copy the font file to the engraving software.

Hi Joe.
Thanks very much.

Top Tags