cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ModelTree automatically adds column with simpl rep

EddyVE
10-Marble

ModelTree automatically adds column with simpl rep

Hi all,

Creo 4, M050

In my ModelTree configuration, I don't have any extra columns selected to be shown in the ModelTree.

If I open an assembly and select a Simplified Representation to be applied to my assembly, there is automatically an extra column created in my ModelTree that shows the Simpl Reps of all assembly components (if any).

If I then open a subassembly, the ModelTree also has this extra column.

I find this annoying and would like to turn this 'feature' off if possible.

Is there an option that I can set so that no extra columns are created in the ModelTree?

There is not a tree.cfg file on my entire desktop that has specified to add an extra column.

Screenshots show ModelTree and its column settings after and before I open a Simpl Rep in the assembly.

Creo2.pngCreo1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

in your config.pro file (or Configuration Editor in Creo Options) add an option simprep_column_display and set its value to manual. That way the column won't be added automatically and you'd need to configure it manually through Tree Columns.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

in your config.pro file (or Configuration Editor in Creo Options) add an option simprep_column_display and set its value to manual. That way the column won't be added automatically and you'd need to configure it manually through Tree Columns.

Brilliant! That does exactly what I want!

I hadn't found that option yet.

Thank you so much!

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:EddyVE)

You can also use this button kdirth_0-1639144546809.png at the top of the tree to hide it after it pops up.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
EddyVE
10-Marble
(To:kdirth)

True ... But yet another extra mouse click ... 😉
Thanks for your input!

Top Tags