cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Overide line style for one component in drawing

BM_8212128
5-Regular Member

Overide line style for one component in drawing

I am having an issue where I am attempting to make just the items I am calling out dark edges and everything else grey. We are using a skeleton as the base of the assembly to which everything is mated. In order to make that grey I changed the system appearance of manufacturing volume to grey. Where I run into an issue is when a component is an import Creo treats it also as a manufacturing volume and makes it grey as well. Using component display doesnt override the system appearance so I cant make imported components dark lines. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BM_8212128)

So you are trying to use component colors in the model AND component display in the drawing?

I think you need to avoid using anything other than component display. Set everything that you want "light" to phantom transparent using component display and the ones you want to show as "dark", don't set anything on them. They should be default to the darker object lines.

BM_8212128
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

This only overrides the line type and the color does that change. All components that are considered quilts are one color and manufacturing volumes another. If I have an import in my assembly, which Creo considers a manufacturing volume, it makes it the same color as my skeleton which is also considers a manufacturing volume. I want to overide the system appearances (below) for one manufacturing volume but not all of them

BM_8212128_0-1661539818429.png

Top Tags