cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Overlapping Geometry

shazim
1-Newbie

Overlapping Geometry

Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to modeling and need some help. Currently trying to replicate the sprocket on my BMX bike. I've attached a picture of my situation. I need the region highlighted in red to be a closed loop but i don't see where it is open.

Any suggestions?overlapp.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:shazim)

On the "Sketch" tab look for the icon to Highlight Open Ends:

Capture.JPG

Another trick is to start modifying dimensions to see how the sketch reacts.  That'll frequently reveal open ends. 

Also go through and start trimming corners that already look trimmed. 

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

i figured it out! Thanks for the help!

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:shazim)

I just noticed that your post title says overlapping geometry, not open geometry that you mentioned in the message.  The button above the Highlight Open Ends will highlight overlapping sketch geometry.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thanks for the response, I looked into the intersections and can't really see what is overlapping. There are no open ends. The entire figure is being highlighted red (as per image) due to the overlapping geometry.

Top Tags