cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pen Table Help

jchance
4-Participant

Pen Table Help

I know there are countless topics on this with many answers.  I still seem to struggle with what a proper pen table should look like.  I've copied several pen tables that have been posted in here and tried them out to varying degrees of effectiveness.  I haven't ever really come across one that worked with EVERYTHING i wanted.

1. I would like my phantom lines to be different than my hidden lines
    1. some of the pen tables allow this to happen, but i can never find out what pen is controlling the phanton lines over the hidden lines.  When viewing in a PDF its often that the Phantom Line is showing up basically as a solid line unless you zoom in very very close.
    2. I don't have a good screen shot detaling this
  2. i would like my Detail Circle to be properly spaced.  Some of the pen tables i've tried has the detail circle as super tight(basically a solid line when viewing in a PDF and on the drawing file itself)
    1. The attachment for this bullet point is zoomed in pretty close
  3. The leader line of a Datum Feature Symbol(when it goes dashed for whatever reason) has to be viewable.  Half of the pen tables i've used it doesn't even register it(just a datum floating in space..)
  4. Another quirk is that the same pen table on my desktop computer doesn't output the same line styles as it does on my laptop(most notably the Datum Tag is missing its line on my laptop vs visible on my workstation)

I have a good grasp of edting the thickness of lines and i have an understanding of doing patterns(for dashed lines).  I get super confused when it comes to remapping pens with different colors.

i've also attached various pen tables that i've used over the past year to varying degrees of success.  I'm not looking for someone to custom build me a pentable(i'd certainly take it!), but just a better understanding with proper examples of whats going on with the different options.  

Thanks in advance.  I know this has  been discussed a lot, and i've spent years reading and trying to make heads or tails out of it.  

1 REPLY 1

@jchance wrote:

I know there are countless topics on this with many answers.  I still seem to struggle with what a proper pen table should look like.  I've copied several pen tables that have been posted in here and tried them out to varying degrees of effectiveness.  I haven't ever really come across one that worked with EVERYTHING i wanted.

1. I would like my phantom lines to be different than my hidden lines
    1. some of the pen tables allow this to happen, but i can never find out what pen is controlling the phanton lines over the hidden lines.  When viewing in a PDF its often that the Phantom Line is showing up basically as a solid line unless you zoom in very very close.
    2. I don't have a good screen shot detaling this
  2. i would like my Detail Circle to be properly spaced.  Some of the pen tables i've tried has the detail circle as super tight(basically a solid line when viewing in a PDF and on the drawing file itself)
    1. The attachment for this bullet point is zoomed in pretty close
  3. The leader line of a Datum Feature Symbol(when it goes dashed for whatever reason) has to be viewable.  Half of the pen tables i've used it doesn't even register it(just a datum floating in space..)
  4. Another quirk is that the same pen table on my desktop computer doesn't output the same line styles as it does on my laptop(most notably the Datum Tag is missing its line on my laptop vs visible on my workstation)

I have a good grasp of edting the thickness of lines and i have an understanding of doing patterns(for dashed lines).  I get super confused when it comes to remapping pens with different colors.

i've also attached various pen tables that i've used over the past year to varying degrees of success.  I'm not looking for someone to custom build me a pentable(i'd certainly take it!), but just a better understanding with proper examples of whats going on with the different options.  

Thanks in advance.  I know this has  been discussed a lot, and i've spent years reading and trying to make heads or tails out of it.  

Hi,

I use information included in my old pentable_01.doc document.

I can investigate your problems, if you provide some Creo files + pentable for testing purposes.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags