cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Problem with Offset Sections in Assembly

ygupta
11-Garnet

Problem with Offset Sections in Assembly

Hi,

I am trying to make an offset cross section and everything seems fine except the one enclose box around the section view of the same size as section is.

After defining the section feature section looks ok for a second and then a box appear around the section view.

Can anyone help me in this regard ??

Thanks,

Yogesh

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

the problem is probably related to your data.

1. create new assembly containing several parts (simple solid bricks) and test offset section creation
  2. if step 1. is OK, then open your assembly and remove some models from it temporarily and test offset section creation (parts containing imported geometry or parts containing geometry checks can cause problems)

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Yes problem is related to particular assembly only. In the other assembly offset section feature is working correctly.

But how can I find the problem, is there any way to check ?

Hi,

I do not know any "one step" method. You have to find the source of the problem by yourself. Try suppressing "one half" of the assembly and test ... and so on.

MH

Martin Hanák
sgooch
4-Participant
(To:ygupta)

Hello,

The offset type section does not include the capability of including quilts. 

What you can do is find the part and blank it from the drawing view. Or hide the surface layer. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ygupta)

A picture may also help us understand the problem.

If you use surface models or have a surface model in your assembly, you have to include quilts in your x-section.

Top Tags