cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Radius callout with an extra jog point, must use note callout, but need BASIC

j_k
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Radius callout with an extra jog point, must use note callout, but need BASIC

I read that I cannot add a jog point to the leader of a radius, diameter, or chamfer callout. This is problematic, but I discovered a possible workaround in this forum... You reference the d### symbol in a leader note. The problem I have now is that the dimension does not show as BASIC. Is there a workaround for this workaround to make this function properly, or perhaps an option I missed?

The attached image has an example... this note references the dimension which is set to basic, but it does not display as basic.

JK - Creo 6.0.4.0
4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:j_k)

Box around text: @[***@] 

There is always more to learn in Creo.
j_k
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

I just tried this... It hard codes a box around the dimension, so I can visually have the basic dimension; however, in testing, this does break the relationship to the type of dimension specified in the model callout. See the attached image... I temporarily made the dimension nominal in the model, of course it shows now as basic in the drawing. This at least is closer to what I need, so thank you.

JK - Creo 6.0.4.0
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Alternatively you could just use the standard radius dimension, then put some breaks in the leader lines of the other dimensions that the radius dimension is unlucky enough to cross.

I don't know if the lack of a jog option for radius dimensions is just another weakness of the Creo drawing package, or maybe it's something that is not allowed by ANSI or ASME or whatever standard is applied to drawings. There are a number of things that need to be "cheated" in drawings, but I've seen them in pretty much every CAD program I've used.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Depending on what version of Creo you are using, you could format the note to look like a basic dimension, if that means with a box around it.

When you make the note, if you're using older versions of Creo, I can't recall which is the newest, you can use the special formatting tricks we used to use in the old days. Enclose your note text like this:

@[DIMENSION@]

This will put a box around it.

For newer versions of Creo, there is a "box" formatting available on the ribbon, next to the bold, italic, and underline selections in the "Style" area.

Top Tags