cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Reference Pattern Regeneration Failed

Sava41
5-Regular Member

Reference Pattern Regeneration Failed

Hi,

I have a pattern with a cut pattern and then an additional reference pattern for the edge chamfer. The top and bottom chamfers regenerate fine, but all the middle chamfers fail:

GCosY6N

Also, If I only chamfer the the bottom edge, the regeneration is successful:

8m98NMu

The problem is specifically with the top edge. I have tried re-sketching the CUTS feature with different references, and changing the references within the CUTS pattern, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas on what may be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Sava

2 REPLIES 2
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:Sava41)

Can you share the part? 

Did you try changing the accuracy of model? As it is a sheetmetal part, try setting Absolute Accuracy to 0.0005

dcokin
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sava41)

Seems odd to try and use a pattern for a chamfer.  Have you tried to change your selection filter to "Intent Chain" (from pop up in lower right of screen when chamfer tool is selected)?  If that selects the corners you're after, it'd be the best approach, as you'd wind up with just one feature, rather than one feature patterned a bunch of times.  Depending on your design, this may select more corners than you want though...

Other ideas:

• include the chamfers in the sketch for the first cut, before you pattern it, rather than creating chamfer features
  • create the first cut, chamfer it, group these features together, and pattern the group
Top Tags