cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Rendering

mmaxwell
1-Newbie

Rendering

I am trying to make my renderings more realistic looking. I see all of these realistic renderingsonline, but mine look very cartoonish. What settings should be changed? Do I need to download anything? HELP!?!?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I bet the high quality renderings you see on this page were done using another tool.  I spent many, many hours trying to get good looking renderings, and the best I could ever do was to make my models look like Lego's.  Pro E/Wildfire/Creo does not have any good rendering capabilities.

I completely understand that lol I'm guessing there is an additional program I need to get, I just have no idea what it would be. I have changed around the quality, shading, pixels, ect. and it doesn't do much good. I need high quality renderings for work and get, well...Legos.

Indeed Melissa, the default renderer in Creo is nearly as old as Pro|E itself... well at least as of V18 that I know.  Even though it has a few facelifts on the interface, overall it has not created better renderings and worse, we've lost a lot of presets that use to be included as an additional graphics library.

There is an optional program we can purchase as an extension called PhotoLux.  This will make all the difference in the world, for the price, but you really have to need it to consider it.  It is about $1000 and then you add yearly maintenance.  From conversations, people often buy different solutions that are more powerful and/or easier to use.

But there are a few things you can do.  In the core Creo, you can significantly improve the quality of the scene when using the Shade with Reflections setting.  You can improve the quality by tweaking the model display and entity display in the configuration dialog.  You can change the room scene and tweak the lighting.  Eventually, you might even get a better rendering using the realtime renderer than PhotoRender will produce.

I simply don't have the patience to set up PhotoRender.  It is seriously disappointing and outdated.

Top Tags