cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Series of points

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Series of points

Hello everybody, a customer created a series of points for a puncture resulting from a UDF. When making the pattern, the first feature is offset from the point of origin and 4 more repetitions are created. In all there are 5 repetitions instead of 4, with the first one not being centered. I did the same thing again for verification:

- if I create a hole normally the stitch series works correctly

- if I create the series with fdu that has the hole, the error returns to me (show attachment).

Matteo.

1 REPLY 1

In the example you provided the hole is defined on the axis, then patterned on the points. Try to reference the first hole to a point then pattern it to a point.

Your problem here most likely is that the udf is asking for an axis, so alternatively you should pattern an axis on the points and reference the the first hole to one of the newly created axis, then Creo should offer you the option the use reference for pattern.

The problem with you approach is that Creo has a hole on an axis, and it want 4 additional hole for all the 4 points, so you end up with 5 holes.

Top Tags