cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Shorten a long profile, to make the dimensions readable on a drawing.

BWS
9-Granite
9-Granite

Shorten a long profile, to make the dimensions readable on a drawing.

Hello,

Is it possible to shorten a profile (in a combined view), and keep the same mass properties. This way I can make a readable drawing of a long profile. 

Now, if I want to make a drawing on A4 paper, with a 3000mm long profile, the dimensions are not readable at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you want to shorten a long profile on drawing, look into using Broken view (set in the Visible Area category of Drawing View Properties dialog box). Using the Broken option you can "cut out" unwanted portion of drawing view (dividing the view in two fragments or more) and maintain original dimensions and properties.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you want to shorten a long profile on drawing, look into using Broken view (set in the Visible Area category of Drawing View Properties dialog box). Using the Broken option you can "cut out" unwanted portion of drawing view (dividing the view in two fragments or more) and maintain original dimensions and properties.
BWS
9-Granite
9-Granite
(To:LukaszMazur)

Is it also possible to have a broken view in the 3D model?

Not to my knowledge. You could create additional cuts or use Zone cross-section to remove certain parts of the material, but it won't change overall dimension, for example.
Top Tags