cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Show DFS in Drawing for Merge/Inheritance Feature in Creo4

RCorley
8-Gravel

Show DFS in Drawing for Merge/Inheritance Feature in Creo4

In older versions of Creo, i.e. Creo2, you could show Datum Tags from the base model that was used in a Merge/Inheritance feature.  In Creo4 they will not show up.  This is how we typically create our sand casting drawings.  The sand cast core model will have a Datum Feature Symbol (Datum Tag) on a bore, for example, and we want to show that datum in the drawing.  

Can anyone help with this?  TIA.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

please ask PTC Support directly, maybe PTC changed Creo behaviour.

Martin Hanák

In Creo 2.0 we used to show the set datums of the merge (core) in the Casting.

But in Creo 4.0 there is no concept of Set datums. We directly create DFS on the drawing.

So you could create the required datum as a DFS on your drawing.

We tried that also.  But Creo4 would not let us attach the DFS (Created in the Drawing environment) to the features of a sand core body(the merge/inheritance feature).  It would only let us select the entire merge/inheritance body.  You can't show the dimensions of the core body to attach the DFS to.  I hope that makes sense.

You CAN show the core dimension on your finish model and also attach DFS to this dimension. When you Show/Erase, use the right mouse button highlighting on the merge and pick from list to select the feature in the core and accept that to show the dimensions on that feature. Later you can attach the DFS.

Ok.  I CAN show the core dimensions but I can't attach a DFS to them.  I click the witness line and middle click off the line and the DFS disappears.

Top Tags