cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Suddenly not able to open my creo 3.0

CP_6898718
2-Guest

Suddenly not able to open my creo 3.0

Hi PTC,

I have trouble to open my creo 3.0 recently after my computer updated.  Every time I click to open to software the warning window pops up with message:

"License request failed for feature

Requesting PROE_Essentialsl …

7788@bsrpc127:(-96) License server machine is down or not responding."

Anyone has the same issue?  How to fix this?  Thank you so much.

Sincerely regards,

17 REPLIES 17
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:CP_6898718)

Is your license coming from a server or your workstation?

If a server, can you ping the server?

Did the IP address change on your computer with the upgrade? You will need a new license file for the new IP.

Hi there,

Thanks for your responding.

I believe the license is from my workstation only. I don’t know the IP address has been changed or not, but I know the IT guy contractor has changed my password when he had tried to fix my workstation connection. Below is my workstation information, hope this helps.

Device name BSRPC127a

Full device name BSRPC127a.bsrnt.com

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Device ID 1E4723B2-1509-47A6-8026-7F96BEBB36C1

Product ID 00330-51011-75831-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

If you need further information please let me know. I’m very appreciative toward of your support.

Best regards,

Cuong

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

In a command window, run ipconfig/all

Look at the results for Physical Address and compare that with the information in your license file.

From the error message, it looks like license manager is not running, Check for the FlexLM processes.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

If you really get stuck, I would call your VAR and have them help you get the licensing figured out. That is part of the relationship between PTC and the VAR.

Hi

I really stuck here. I don’t know anything about VAR! However, I’m going to take your advice to let you call VAR and have them help me. Thank so much and please continue to help me on this issue.

Best regards,

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

VAR is your Value Added Reseller.

Who did  you buy the software from? Who recently contact your company about the renewal/annual fees?

They should have someone who could help you.

If you have license server installed locally, there seems to be a mismatch between the server name in Creo configuration and your computer name. Creo is looking for a computer with a name of bsrpc127, while your workstation information lists your computer name as bsrpc127A (notice the A at the end). That may be the cause of the error (unless you made a typo here in your posts ;)).

Try changing server name in Creo configuration to correct name (I'd say the easiest way to do it might be to simply edit .psf file located in the bin directory, but you may also run reconfigure from bin directory and enter correct server info through UI) and see if that helps.

Hi

Thank you so much for continuing to help me on this issue. I think you are correct because the failure message which appears on the warning window popup is:

License request failed for feature

7788@bsrpc127: (-96) License server machine is down or not responding

I don’t see the letter A after bsrpc127 here.

However when I run ipconfig/all then it shows the Host name is: BSRPC127a with the letter a at the end.

I looked in the bin directory, but can’t find any .psf file inside. Do you have any idea?

Best regards,

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Do you have File name extensions turned off? If you do, you will see 2 or 3 parametric files without the extensions.

Hi,

Yes it’s off, however I can’t find .psf file when I turn the name extensions ON. All I see are .dll; .bat;.log; .exe files. Something wrong with mine!?

Regards,

Without .psf file, Creo wouldn't be able to start properly; if there isn't any .psf file in the same folder as parametric.exe, Creo will notify you it can't load startup configuration.

If you can't find .psf file, try running reconfigure.exe (if I remember correctly, in Creo 3.0 it was .exe, later it was changed to .lnk). Then go through setup screen and try to correct server info in the licensing step of setup wizard (usually you need to remove existing entry and enter a correct one; don't forget to add 7788@ before server name).

@CP_6898718 wrote:

Hi

Thank you so much for continuing to help me on this issue. I think you are correct because the failure message which appears on the warning window popup is:

License request failed for feature

7788@bsrpc127: (-96) License server machine is down or not responding

I don’t see the letter A after bsrpc127 here.

However when I run ipconfig/all then it shows the Host name is: BSRPC127a with the letter a at the end.

I looked in the bin directory, but can’t find any .psf file inside. Do you have any idea?

Best regards,

Hi,

the very basic question is: Can you rename your computer from bsrpc127a to bsrpc127 ?

If the asnwer is YES then do it, restart computer and try starting Creo.

If the asnwer is No then I send you additional information.

Martin Hanák

I'd like to weigh in here because I had this happened on an install a long time ago.  The problem came down to Microsoft being conservative.

If you license manager is working, which it should be as you didn't change anything for the update, Windows could have rearranged your IP devices. Basically the default CPU_ID was no longer finding the Ethernet card the license was tied too.  It took several attempts but one very knowledgeable PTC tech got it fixed in my registry.  Turns out that my Ethernet address in the registry was number '12' and  it picked up my router that was labeled as 01.  Somehow, at the time, Windows was only looking at the '0' and the '1' putting the router ahead of the Ethernet card.

I cannot explain this very well but this is what they did to my PC when this issue came up - Windows 7/Creo 2.  Basically he renumbered the Windows communication priorities within the Windows registry.  There should be a case file with my name on it.  It would be a request to help install a new installation on a new computer.  Probably a Dell Precision install if Ben can help find it in the knowledge base.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Holy smokes, a post from Tom!  Hope ya been well!

;] ...been well, TY

I had a similar experience. One of our IT guys was updating things and took it upon himself to rename our server. As a result, the FlexLM license server would not start up, because it was being given the old name and that's not what is in the license file, etc. All of our installations were looking for their licenses from the old server name, so they weren't working. It was a huge mess because we, the affected, do not have the privileges necessary to correct this kind of thing. Ah, such memories...two days of no work.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

...call yourself lucky and go home?🤣

Top Tags