cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Transparency icon not shown in assembly mode (Creo8)

PH_10079370
3-Visitor

Transparency icon not shown in assembly mode (Creo8)

Hi

I can see and work with the transparency icon in part mode but can't do the same in assembly. 

Any know what is the issue?

Even in view manager changing transparency doesn't affect anything.

PH_10079370_4-1657821622943.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:PH_10079370)

I don't see a transparent icon in part mode in 7.0.  There is a transparent and shaded icon available in assembly mode.  RMB on mini toolbar and filter for transparent or shaded to drag them onto the mini toolbar.

kdirth_0-1657824639994.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise

I do not see nor can I add an icon labeled Transparency to the pop-up tool bar.  Can you show what you are calling a transparency  icon.

In assembly I always make a part part transparent with View>Model Display>Component Display Style>Transparent.  In practice I use a map key to apply transparency or shaded.

Thanks for your solution but I'm looking for a shortcut icon like the one that exists in part mode:

PH_10079370_0-1657822846969.png

I saw in my colleague's software (assembly mode) that he is able to use it but I don't know why mine is not working.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

In an assembly, you should be able to RMB on that pop up menu, then select customize. You search for the appropriate function.

I'm on Creo 4 and apparently transparency icon isn't an option so I can't verify by testing.

StephenWilliams_0-1657824279257.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I don't see a transparent icon in part mode in 7.0.  There is a transparent and shaded icon available in assembly mode.  RMB on mini toolbar and filter for transparent or shaded to drag them onto the mini toolbar.

kdirth_0-1657824639994.png

Thanks for the answers.

So it seems that this is a new feature for Creo 8 (transparency icon in parts, quilts.,).

But I was able to customize the mini toolbar based on your advice and add transparency and shaded view for my assembly.

Again thanks for all your help.

Top Tags