cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

advanced framework ribbon

David_Cho
4-Participant

advanced framework ribbon

Hey guys, I really need your help on this.

I'm using CREO by a whole server created by H.O. so excuse me for having not much information.

I'm trying to use the AFX system so I went looking for it in the community.

1. I tried the reconfigure.exe but It seems H.O. somehow prevented other people from changing the configuration. So I couldn't find out if  the license actually exists.

2. I went through the installation directory and found out in Common_Files there IS an AFX folder. 

I'm curious even if we don't have the license, can the folder be created?

3. I tried going into the option and checked that afx_enabled's value is yes. But when I go to the ribbon menu actually there's nothing showing.

Is it the H.O. that's not giving the license for AFX, or are there any different solutions that I don't know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

I think issue is installation.

While installing from Setup file, Administrator may have unchecked AFX option.

Reconfiguring will only reinstall what is already installed,

You can check with your IT Administrator for reinstalling the software and check AFX option in installation window.

jvadalia2_0-1676607444420.png

Please check above image for reference. It is old one.

Regards,

Jignesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

1.] To see license list, run ptcstatus.bat located in Parametric\bin subdirectory in Creo installation.

2.] In every Creo session AFX lite mode is available with limited AFX functionality, therefore you do not need to buy AFX license

3.] If Framework tab is not displayed then it can be disabled. Use Customize the Ribbon command to check it.

Creo 9.0 tab follows

MartinHanak_0-1676548913193.png

disabled tab

MartinHanak_1-1676549033613.png

Martin Hanák
David_Cho
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

캡처.PNG

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry the list is in Korean but I couldn't change the language because I don't have the administration account.

I'll translate it for you, the menu follows,

Design assembly

Model

Analysis

Annotate

Mankin

Tools

View
  Flexible Modeling

Application

JH-Tools

Creo view

You can see that there's no ribbon for framework. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that AFX is some kind of a basic option for CREO but I'm not finding it anywhere. By the way my CREO version is 7.0.9.0. Is there anything execpt the "ribbon" and "enable AFX" that I would need to check?

David_Cho_0-1676595763811.png

Also this is what showed up when I activated ptcstatus.bat

Hi David,

I think issue is installation.

While installing from Setup file, Administrator may have unchecked AFX option.

Reconfiguring will only reinstall what is already installed,

You can check with your IT Administrator for reinstalling the software and check AFX option in installation window.

jvadalia2_0-1676607444420.png

Please check above image for reference. It is old one.

Regards,

Jignesh

David_Cho
4-Participant
(To:jvadalia-2)

David_Cho_0-1676851872853.png

Since I don't have Advanced Framework in my system information, I guess the problem is installation.

Unfortunately, my company wouldn't let me change anything in installation process, so I'll need to just give up on using the AFX tool.

Still thanks for trying to help me out and I really appreciate it.

Hi,

in some Creo licenses Advanced_Framework module is included - see picture.

MartinHanak_0-1676621749124.png

If your license does not contain Advanced_Framework then you will be able to use AFX Lite with limited functionality, only.

Note: I agree that the root of your problem could be "filtered" Creo installation.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags