cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

creo 3.0 ecad import

AnilKurakula
1-Newbie

creo 3.0 ecad import

Hello Experts,

I was wondering if anyone has run into this issue. 

When importing emn/emp files in CREO 3.0 if the "ecadname" in the ecad_hint.map is longer than 31 chars its truncating those name for the session and the resultant is that the mcadname to be used from the library is not brought into session since the ecadname truncation doesnt carry over to the emn/emp files. 

This behavior didnt exist in CREO 2.0.  An SPR 5720922 has been filed but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had this issue and found a suitable workaround.

Thanks,

Anil

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

I have the same problem and I'm wondering if you find solution in the meantime.

Recently we've migrated from ProE/Creo Elements5  to Creo3.I've build in the old system all

necessary (library, ecad_hint.map file etc.) to import/export PCB layout.With the new one there is a problem with electronic

components with names longer than 31 symbols.The system cut the name but for package name remain the same.The example below  is from ecad_in.log file.

" The part name <C ELECTROLYTIC SM V-CHIP - SIZE F 8/10.2MM()> is too long, and will be truncated.

Warning : Bad Part name <C ELECTROLYTIC SM V-CHIP - SIZE> for package name <C Electrolytic SM V-chip - Size F 8/10.2mm()> and alt name <C_EL/Size F/-220u/35V Low Impedance>. The component ignored."

As result model of this component is not assembled.

When try to import the same emn/emp files in the ProE/Creo Elements5 the system truncates names and use renamed package and alt name instead of original:

<C ELECTROLYTIC SM V-CHIP - SIZE> for package name <C Electrolytic SM V-chip - Size> and alt name <C_EL/Size F/-220u/35V Low Imped>

Here the component is into PCB.

I'll appreciate any advise and help to solve the problem

Thanks,

Yavor

wstevens
4-Participant
(To:yvelev)

I am having this same problem in Creo 6.0.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

PTC said they fixed this issue in Creo 3.0.  I have Creo 8.0 and I'm seeing the same issue.  Creo 7 no.  I have SolidWorks and I can import the files with no issues.  But its slow as.....  

Top Tags