cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

in assembly drawing edges of one part not selectable.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

in assembly drawing edges of one part not selectable.

I have a assembly drawing of two almost identical  parts (made separately) shown by simplified representation. Horizontal and circular edges of only one of the parts are not getting selected for dimensioning.

PTC Creo Elements/Pro 5.0

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.

9 REPLIES 9
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rohit_rajan)

Sometimes you just need to regen the sheets in the drawing. 

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for your reply Stephen. But regenerating drawing sheets did not help. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

@rohit_rajan 

Can you attach the models/drawing or can you attach some screenshots of the drawing and model areas of concern?

As you know, it should just work but sometimes the geometries are not as straightforward as we would like them to be.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

video uploaded describing the issue. Hope this will give some clarity on the issue. Thanks in advance. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm not sure, but I think there are issues with dimensioning on offset cross sections (i am assuming this is an offset x-section)

Maybe you can test this by making a quick test view with just hidden lines (no section)

Otherwise, I'm at a loss

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

Its a regular (planar) cross section.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

for the time being workaround seems to be a config.pro option "select_hidden_edges_in_dwg".

when I switch "select_hidden_edges_in_dwg" to "yes" I am able to select all the edges in the drawing.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Interesting, Creo is seeing the edges as hidden and not allowing selection. Glad you found a way to move forward.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

Thanks Stephen for your help.

Top Tags