cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

"Special" draft

MauroStefanovic
4-Participant

"Special" draft

Hello to everyone,

i was asking if you have an idea how to get a draft surface which starts tangent to a revolve surface and goes down with a constant draft angle.

See my file to better understand what i'm asking for.

Thanks to all.

Cattura.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

I don't thin you can with a draft feature.  I'd create a plane at the appropriate draft angle to the TOP plane and create an extruded feature using it as the sketch plane. 

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I agree with Doug,

Create a plane, trim and then use a extrude feature, you can also extend the surfaces normal to a plane or use the "variable pull direction draft".

Another option is the sweep feature, but you need to add radius to get tangency between the curves, this would be my choice.

If you're exploring the "blend tangent" feature take a look on bellow posts:

Blend Tangent to Surface

About making draft lines

Jose

You don`t need the rounds if you use "Constant Section" option for Sweep.specialdraft.png

Hi Mauro,

here you can find a couple of fully associative and simple solutions to your problem.

There are many other way to hit the target including draft tangent... but i think that theese two are the most flexible.

Video Link : 6962

Let me know please if this trick responds to your questions marking this post... thanks.

Ciao

Gabriele

Top Tags