cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

section view.. sketch is not at bottom of assembly. Help

dunebuggyjay
12-Amethyst

section view.. sketch is not at bottom of assembly. Help

Hi guys. I need some help with section views. Particularly how can i redo the sketch after i add in more features and want to ref those new features on already made cross section views?? 

Lets say i have a mold base assembly. I have some section views in my assembly referencing some features in my mold plates and such. 

I then add some MORE features to the mold plates, and now want to reference these new features in my cross section sketch. 

If i re-define this cross section sketch, it puts me back in time to when they where originally created....not now where i can ref these new features.

Whats the work around? I dont want to have to redo all these sections views!

Im using creo7.0.2.0 by the way. 

Thanks,

Jay

2 REPLIES 2

I don't understand what you're referring to. I'm using Creo 4 and Sections are always represented in the model tree as distinct items at the bottom. They are not sketches. Any new features added to a component part/assembly are automatically reflected in the section. If they're not, you might need to regenerate the parts/assemblies that make up the top level assembly. The only reason I can think of for new features in a component not being represented in the assembly sections is if there's a family table instance being used in the assembly that does not include the new features, or if there's some geometric problem with the placement of the section (i.e. it's right on the plane of a part and thus "confuses" the program as to whether it's in or out of the section plane).

@dunebuggyjay wrote:

Hi guys. I need some help with section views. Particularly how can i redo the sketch after i add in more features and want to ref those new features on already made cross section views?? 

Lets say i have a mold base assembly. I have some section views in my assembly referencing some features in my mold plates and such. 

I then add some MORE features to the mold plates, and now want to reference these new features in my cross section sketch. 

If i re-define this cross section sketch, it puts me back in time to when they where originally created....not now where i can ref these new features.

Whats the work around? I dont want to have to redo all these sections views!

Im using creo7.0.2.0 by the way. 

Thanks,

Jay

Hi,

it looks like your term cross section means assembly cut.

Please add some pictures.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags