cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

table from excell imported to schematics?

AntoniodeItaVen
4-Participant

table from excell imported to schematics?

Hello there,

does any one knows if there is a way to import a table created in excell to schematics?

or a picture?

or how can I create an empy chart in Schematics so that I can input the text manuallly?

when you create your wiring diagrams and embedded BOM can be generated, right? however not always you got all the components drawn, for instace, when wiring a junction box that uses terminals blocks, you do not draw the tag number however you need the part number for the tag´s on your BOM, what about the din rail? you also, or I do not draw it however needs to be in the BOM.

for things like that I would like to know how can I do any of the 3 things I asked above, I have looked and I have tried but no luck so far

I hope someone knows anything about

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1.  Load an Excel File:

Data Tab>Generate Report>File>Load CSV...

2.  Cannot Load pictures.

3.  You cannot create an empty table in Creo Schematics like you can in Creo Parametric. Best option is to load a CSV file.

4.  We only use Creo Schematics to create Wiring Diagrams. We export the xml file to Creo Parametric where we route the wires in the Mechanical Assembly. The BOM would then be created in Creo Parametric and would contain the components in the Mechanical Assembly as well as the wires from Creo Schematics.

As a side note - the power of Creo Schematics is to create smart reports (tables) that contain data about your design that will update with your design. Following this approach, you can avoid loading static csv files a drawing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

1.  Load an Excel File:

Data Tab>Generate Report>File>Load CSV...

2.  Cannot Load pictures.

3.  You cannot create an empty table in Creo Schematics like you can in Creo Parametric. Best option is to load a CSV file.

4.  We only use Creo Schematics to create Wiring Diagrams. We export the xml file to Creo Parametric where we route the wires in the Mechanical Assembly. The BOM would then be created in Creo Parametric and would contain the components in the Mechanical Assembly as well as the wires from Creo Schematics.

As a side note - the power of Creo Schematics is to create smart reports (tables) that contain data about your design that will update with your design. Following this approach, you can avoid loading static csv files a drawing.

AntoniodeItaVen
4-Participant
(To:aoler)

Aron,

thanks for the advise, I have tried it and Works well, what I do not like is that the cell shape is lost, I mean the  boxes arund the text

but at last something can be done cause I have to provide the BOM in excell or now CSV to the purchasing people..

thanks again, hopefully in the future PTC will add a picture insert feature

Once your data is loaded into the Report Engine, you can format the report data so that the tables cells are visible. Within the Report Engine window, right click on any cell in the Detail section of the window and choose Edit>Table. A smaller Window will open, Report Engine - Field Editor. Change the Style to 'Default Table Style'. This will add the lines to your table. Next, hit the icon with the Red/Black A (Show Style Editor). Within this window, you can change the font settings, size, justification, color, etc. Be sure to hit Apply when making changes and when you place your table you will have a more normal looking table.

Top Tags