cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo Illustrate / Animation / Screw Turning with wrong axis

Ramon_Bohne
11-Garnet

Creo Illustrate / Animation / Screw Turning with wrong axis

Hello all,

I would like to animate a crank rotation. For this I use the effect Screw Turning.
Unfortunately, the crank turns around a wrong (default?-) axis (red arrow). I would like it to turn around the axis of the green arrow.

Ramon_Bohne_0-1691760775269.png

I have already tried to select other coordinate systems, but it doesn't change. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks and greetings
Ramon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, Ramon

I'll show you how to combine them.
My program is in my native language, so the exact words on the menu may be different, but I think I can recognize it because the location is similar.
See the video for more information.

I think the coordinate system area of the Driver Effects Properties menu is a role that specifies only the direction of rotation, not the center of rotation, in a single part.

I think we need to improve at the program level

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello, let me introduce how I write about this problem.

First, combine the green arrow and the rotary handle to coordinate by the arrow, then record the animation and delete the arrow animation.

I don't know if this is the best way, but it's easy to use.

Thank you.

Although this workaround should work, you shouldn't need to add a symbol in just to achieve the desired result.

I would suggest this is a good candidate for an enhancement idea on the forum.

Creo View / Illustrate / Schematics Ideas - PTC Community

Attaching the image and video you have here would be very useful as it explains nicely the problem you are trying to solve.

Hello agarland,

if you say that this is a good candidate for an enhancement idea, then that would mean that there is no solution to my problem at the moment!?

That would mean that the "coordinate system" entry in the screwdriver effect does not correspond to the desired rotation point. Is that so? And if so, what is the purpose of the "coordinate system" entry?

Ramon_Bohne_1-1692856937588.png

But if the "coordinaten system" is the rotation point, then it is either a programme error or I am doing something wrong (but what?).

What now?

Best regards

Ramon

Hello SP,
what does "combine" mean and how do I proceed.

What I don't understand: In the properties menu of the Screwdriver effect you can set the direction of the movement and the coordinate system. The direction (here -Y) is clear and it works.

Ramon_Bohne_0-1692856405268.png

With the coordinate system, it only makes sense that this is the rotation point. But no matter what I set, the rotation of the hand crank always remains the same.

So am I misunderstanding the setting for the coordinate system, or am I applying it incorrectly, or is it a program error in the end?

Best regards

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

I think the issue is that the unscrew effect is always using the center point of the selected part(s) as the rotation point.

The csys is only used for direction, I think this is where an enhancement is required.

An option to use the csys as the rotation point might be one solution.

Hello, Ramon

I'll show you how to combine them.
My program is in my native language, so the exact words on the menu may be different, but I think I can recognize it because the location is similar.
See the video for more information.

I think the coordinate system area of the Driver Effects Properties menu is a role that specifies only the direction of rotation, not the center of rotation, in a single part.

I think we need to improve at the program level

Hi SP_

you made my day!

Your solution works well, thank's a lot 👍

Best regards

Ramon 😀

Top Tags