cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Illustrate, Detail view of a detail view

Ramon_Bohne
12-Amethyst

Creo Illustrate, Detail view of a detail view

Hello all,

as I have learned here in the forum 😀, and which also works very well 👍, if I want to show only a small area of a model, I proceed as follows:

1. define a 3D page and place the model next to it. Then I create a detail that I place on the 3D page. I hide the connecting line.

My problem now: I want to show an enlargement (detail) of this section.

2. I can now show a detail, but the detail aerea is on the model next to my page.

3. when I move the detail area to my detail, it is empty.

Question: Is it possible to create a detail view of a detail view? If so, how?

Thanks and best regards

Ramon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ramon,

The only way I can think of doing this, is to add two separate insets in the 3D figure (see below).

3D figure - two insets.png

I've only shown the leader lines to illustrate what I mean.

Then create a 2D figure from that and add the leader line and focus border (show as blue lines) manually.

2D figure - with leader added.png

Not sure if that solves your issue completely, but this is the only way I can think of doing it.

Regards

Adrian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Ramon,

The only way I can think of doing this, is to add two separate insets in the 3D figure (see below).

3D figure - two insets.png

I've only shown the leader lines to illustrate what I mean.

Then create a 2D figure from that and add the leader line and focus border (show as blue lines) manually.

2D figure - with leader added.png

Not sure if that solves your issue completely, but this is the only way I can think of doing it.

Regards

Adrian

Hello Adrian,

Yes, I had already thought of the solution you showed.

If there is no other solution, I will do it that way.

Unfortunately, the manually created guide line does not close at the other two black lines (because of the white shadow), and it also runs under the border of the main section.

Result.jpg

In this respect, I have to retouch the image afterwards with a graphics tool, which I wanted to avoid.

But the effort is limited. That's why I'm doing it this way.

Thanks and best regards

Ramon

Top Tags