cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo Schematics 2.0 Drawing Units

Alex-Dell
1-Newbie

Creo Schematics 2.0 Drawing Units

Hello all,

I need someone, anyone, to point out where to change drawing units from inches to millimeters. It looks like the default should be in 'mm' but every integer has been converted into imperical inches. For example, anywhere a 4mm entry had been by default, the integer will be already been converted into inches (with values such as 0.157480). See the attached image for reference.

I must have checked every menu within the software and looked at every tutorial video related to Creo Schematics with the possibility someone may show where to change the default unit to display metric values. It might be a file parameter that needs to be changed outside of software, but before I go diving into the hundreds of files associated with the design, do any of you have an easy or direct way to change the drawing units?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: I'm referring directly to Creo Schematics (RSD 10.0) and not Creo 2.0 (Pro/E)

1 REPLY 1

HI Alex,

The units used in Creo Schermatics are according to the units of the sheet you have using, there is no design default.

for example :

• if you are using sheets of size A0,A1,A2..and so on - the units will be mm
  • if you are using sheets of size E,D,..,AV,AH - the units will be inch

design can include both mm and inch sheets. there is no ability to converts sheets units (you can change sheets format-but it only will re-size the sheet and won't change the sheet units).

you can try to create new mm sheet (i.e. A0) and use 'move to sheet' to move all the sheet content from the inch sheet to the created mm sheet.

Gaby.

Top Tags