cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to Create Illustrations in different language in Creo Illustrate

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

How to Create Illustrations in different language in Creo Illustrate

Hi Everyone,

I want to create illustrations in creo illustrate in  some other language. 

Can someone guide me how to  go about it . I am using Creo Illustrate  10.1

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it is a manual process to export and import the xlif files unless you are using Windchill.

For Windchill there is the ability to have an updated xlif file automatically applied to the c3di.

About Managing Localized Text with Windchill (ptc.com)

Regards

Adrian

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Article - "Creo View & Creo Illustrate: How to override the default User Interface language set on a Windows machine": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS96862 

Hi @Aditya1702,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina

Community Moderator

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:Catalina)

Hi @Catalina ,

We have raised a case for the same since we wanted to create annotations in different languages & not change the UI language.

I will update once we have a solution.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Aditya Gupta

Creo Illustrate does have a localization feature for notes in figures.
About Localizing Text (ptc.com)
This allows you to export an xlif file for processing in a external translation tool before importing the translated xlif back into illustrate.

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:agarland)

Hi @agarland ,

Thanks for your response.

Its a manual process right?

First we have to export .xlff file and then manually translate all the text and then again import the file correct?

Correct me if I am wrong also, can this process be made auto?

Regards,

Aditya Gupta

Yes, it is a manual process to export and import the xlif files unless you are using Windchill.

For Windchill there is the ability to have an updated xlif file automatically applied to the c3di.

About Managing Localized Text with Windchill (ptc.com)

Regards

Adrian

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:agarland)

Hi @agarland ,

Can you please tell me about which external tools to used  for translation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta

I can't recommend a tool I'm afraid although I believe there are many translation tools available that handle xlif files.

Regards

Adrian

If you want your illustration text to make sense in multiple languages, my advice is to use a formal translation vendor. Trying to do automated "machine" translation, especially with highly technical content, is likely to produce some questionable translations, possibly leading to errors and confusion on the user's part.

Top Tags