cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Illustrate 5 Item List Duplicate Numbers

JKnoll
4-Participant

Illustrate 5 Item List Duplicate Numbers

It seems like Illustrate auto-assigns item numbers in the Item List based on the sequence number. Usually, that's helpful because I don't have to manually edit every single callout.

In the below list I add seq 0, it defaults to 1 and I manually (right-click and choose renumber from the menu) change it to 1,2.

The next callout defaults to seq 1, item 2 and I manually change it to 1,3

Next callout defaults to seq 2, item 3. I right-click, choose renumber, tell it to derive the item number from the sequence and change sequence to 3. Great. Fine.

At this point I want Illustrate to just pick up the numbering at 4. Why does it duplicate 3? And if i manually re-number this duplicate 3 to be seq 4 then the next callout I add will duplicate 4.

JK_9507401_0-1646857534169.png

If I were to, say, skip from seq 3 to seq 5 then the next callout I add would go back to 4. Occasionally Illustrate will skip ahead in the seq order; e.g. jump from 3 to 10, 11, 12, etc.

Why? What is Illustrate referencing to get it's seq numbers? Why won't it just pick up with the next number in sequence? Is teaching Illustrate how to count a lost cause and I should just resign myself to manually renumber all callouts?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags