cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Contact Simulation

AS_8634671
9-Granite

Contact Simulation

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've been trying to simulate the behavior of a hub_chain with multiple contacts for more than two months and haven't been able to get good results. I would like to know how a contact_simulation is possible with the software and which criteria have to be considered. I have already created several costing models, including some: Symmetry_Constraints. The chain consists of two pins and eight links. 
I remain awaiting your response

Best regards.

Boris.

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

ich versuche seit mehr als zwei Monaten, das Verhalten einer Hub_kette mit mehreren Kontakten zu simulieren, und konnte keine guten Ergebnisse erzielen. Ich möchte wissen, wie eine Kontakt_Simulation mit dem Software möglich ist und welche Kriterien zu berücksichtigen sind. Ich habe bereits mehrere Kalkulationsmodelle erstellt, darunter einige: Symmetrie_Bedingungen. Die Kette besteht aus zwei Bolzen und acht Laschen. 
In Erwartung Ihrer Rückmeldung verbleibe ich

mit freundlichen Grüßen.

Boris.

18 REPLIES 18

Hi,

Do you have a STEP model for this?

I would halve or quarter the geometry (symmetry).

Translated by Andra Chirila using Google Translate on March 27th, 2023
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hast Du ein STEP-Modell dazu?

Ich würde die Geometrie halbieren bzw. vierteln (Symmetrie).

Hallo,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I hereby send the drawing. I'm sure I used all the boundary conditions but it still doesn't work. I either get an error message like "Excessive displacement or load factor changes"

vielen lieben Dank für Ihre Rückmeldung. Ich sende hiermit die Zeichnung. Ich bin mir sicher, dass ich alle Randbedingungen verwendet habe aber funktioniert trotzdem nicht. Entweder bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung wie "Übermäßige Verschiebung oder es ändert sich Last-Faktor"

Beste Grüße.

Jpg-Typ

Maybe I didn't define the interface well? is there a way to use Ferder boundary conditions in this case?

Vielleicht  habe ich die Schnittstelle nicht gut definiert ?  gibt es eine Möglichkeit Ferder-Randbedingungen in diesem Fall zu verwenden ?

Beste Grüße

Here is an image of the drawing with the boundary conditions. Unfortunately I can't load the model here because it's too big

Hier ist ein Bild von der Zeichnung mit den Randbedingungen. Ich kann leider das Model nicht hier laden, da zu groß ist

again on that

nochmal dazu

Half model -> half load

Quarter Model -> Quarter Load

Is the load possibly too high?

I would build a small model for it.

Halbes Modell -> halbe Last

Viertel Modell -> Viertel Last

Ist die Last evtl. zu hoch?

Ich würde ein kleines Modell aufbauen dazu.

I also tried this with a small model and it really didn't work out well, so I thought maybe I'd try it again with different models. Can you please show me a simulation example (with a press fit in the model?) or which boundary conditions would you like to recommend?

Ich habe das auch mit einem kleinen Model versuch und hat wirklich nicht gut geklappt, deshalb dachte ich mir vielleicht probiere es mit verschiedenen Modelle nochmal aus. Können Sie mir bitte ein Simulations_beispiel zeigen (mit einer Presspassung in dem model ?) bzw. welche Randbedingungen würden Sie mir bitte gerne empfehlen ?

a small example attached

ein kleines Beispiel anbei

Thank you very much for the example, why did you define a point there ? what is its function there ?

In my small example, the load is balanced in the tension direction, but a formal boundary condition or spring-to-base must intercept this direction. Furthermore, the chain links could move on the pin, this is also prevented by the point RB as well as this small transverse force that holds all chain links together.

------------------------

In meinem kleinen Beispiel ist die Last in Zugrichtung ausgeglichen, jedoch muss eine formelle Randbedingung oder Feder-zu-Basis diese Richtung abfangen. Weiterhin könnten die Kettenglieder auf dem Bolzen wandern, das verhindern ebenfalls die Punkt-RB sowie diese kleine Querkraft, die alle Kettenglieder zusammenhält.

I used your reasoning to apply it to my Modell whose "Interference fit" is as shown in the attached figure but i got nothing as a result. Do you have an example with such a case ? Thanks a lot 🙂

attached

anbei

please check contact pressure

check_pressure.png

Better to pull than to push. --> Besser ziehen als drücken. (google translate)

SweetPeasHub_0-1679923417433.png

I tried that too and it didn't work 😞

Top Tags