cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Empty Transient Thermal Results

JR_10674037
2-Guest

Empty Transient Thermal Results

Hello, 

I'm having this strange problem that when I run transient simulations with point measures, the results show a flat '0C' over the entire time period. The initial temperature is well below that, so it can't be that the temperature just never changes. One of my points actually does give me good results, but I can't find any difference between the way any of them are set up other than them being on the surfaces of different components. 

I've tried remaking the assembly file from scratch, in case it's a surface vs. volume meshing style error I changed the points to all be on surfaces instead of internal (at first, the point that worked was the only one on a surface), and adjusting the mesh density. 

Does anyone know what would make point measure results turn out empty?

I'm using Creo Parametric 7.0.3.0.

Thanks, 

Jocelyn 

1 REPLY 1

I am wondering about boundary conditions?

For example, the default convection bulk temperature is 0°C and the default initial temperature is 0°C.

If there are prescribed temperatures at 0°C that would make sense, but I think you would not be puzzled by that.

Also, if some material thermal parameter is the wrong units or unrealistic you could have this kind of thing. Maybe the one point that is giving non-zero results might be near the problem area. (problem almost opposite what you think)

Also, if your time base is seconds, then this is a 9 hour transient analysis. Wrong units or wrong expectations could mean needing to look at shorter or longer timeframes, rather than the default automatic time frame. This seems long, at least for the kinds of products I have worked on, other than when I did an above ground pool for a class during my Masters degree.

Did you try putting the point measure on a vertex?

When you mesh is the measure clearly at a mesh node like this?

Sweetpeahubold_0-1688151131144.png

Top Tags