cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Encountering Fatal Error in drawings

kwitherite
1-Newbie

Encountering Fatal Error in drawings

Encountering fatal error while working within drawings, using Creo Parametric 2.0.  Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kwitherite)

Obviously it's not normal. Is it just one drawing or all drawings. What build code? If I remember right, PTC fixed some recurring issues around build code M090 or M120, maybe sooner.

You might be able to send the traceback file to tech support and they might be able to diagnose the problem.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:kwitherite)

Certainly not enough information to provide any specific info.  General tip, see if 'update_drawing all' makes the problem vanish.  You can ask Tech Support to investigate, much better with the drawing and trail causing the crash, but possible to look at it with just the traceback.

Are you using GD&T annotation features and applied datum tags?

I stopped using the GD&T datum tags and my crashes all but vanished.

It was unworkable in early Creo 2.  Browse my many rants on this subject here in the community.

Not much luck with support cases either.

Seems it may have been related to the hole features, countersunk thru holes where added with two hole features rather than one thru hole with countersunk included.  Changing them to one feature seems to have helped.

Top Tags