cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Trail files in Creo 2.0 M090

ptc-5163001
1-Newbie

Trail files in Creo 2.0 M090

OK, what is the trick to get trail files to work?

So far I have had no luck, and have had many crashes.

I have read that you have to remove the end of the trail file to get them to function.

I carved out the data where the corruption happened during a crash, added the !End of Trail File and remained unsuccessful.

What I removed:

!%CPLost floating license! Select "Save", "Retry", or "Exit".
~ Activate `lic_exitdlg` `Retry`
~ Activate `lic_exitdlg` `lic_exitdlg`
~ Activate `lic_exitdlg` `Save`
!%CPDo you want to store Assembly >> BIKE_RACK ? [Yes]
!%TR

!%CEBIKE_RACK could not be saved to the workspace.
!%CPDo you want to store Part >> TUBE-1 ? [Yes]
!%TR

!%CITUBE-1 has been saved.
!%CPDo you want to store Part >> CAD-0001919729 ? [Yes]
!%TR
no
!%CPDo you want to store Section >> S2D0001 ? [Yes]
!%TR

Yes we have corrected the license issue, and I have been working on other drawings.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Change the suffix to .txa to stop it from crashing. This signals that it is a training file.

Otherwise it will crash whenever it hits any bump. Little things like a view orientation has been saved that is different than it was when the trail file was made.

Hi David,

thanks for the tip, presently I am seeing the typical beachball waiting for something to happen.

With the file renamed as a .txa I thought things would recover.

But something must be rally corrupted with the drawing.

The trick to getting it to work is to make sure everything is exactly the same - eliminating all files that were saved after the trail file was first begun, any config options, same screen resolution. I once got a trail file that represented 8 hours of work to run without trouble, simply because the drawing and parts it represented were all created new in the trail file, making it easy to eliminate them from the search path. It only took 15 minutes.

I've also had good results in creating trail files**, but again, control of the whole operating area is required. Even a slight change causes the trail file to stop.

The nice thing about the TXA is not having to restart and relogin with each glitch, but it isn't a miracle solution.

**generated a few hundred parts, assemblies, and associated drawings in about 45 minutes. It was faster to delete them, tweak the trail file creation software, and re-run than to manually change even a small, consistent defect.

Top Tags