cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to check out

pingle
1-Newbie

Unable to check out

We are facing a issue while working with Creo parametric 3.0 M040 and Windchill PLM 10.2. We have a Master skeleton model where we have defined all references and those are passed to other skeleton models using external copy geometry. So, child skeleton is now referring to master skeleton. When I check out child skeleton from one login and then I try to check out master skeleton from another login, system doesn't allows it and gives error message as

"ATTENTION:  Secured Action. You do not have the necessary authorization for this operation. Contact your administrator if you believe you have received this message in error. Nested exception is: wt.access.NotAuthorizedException: ATTENTION:  Secured Action. You do not have the necessary authorization for this operation. Contact your administrator if you believe you have received this message in error."

Is this system limitation? or any other issue. Also, I want to know how to identify which child skeleton model has been checked out due to which I am not able to check out master skeleton?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:pingle)

Doesn't appear to be related to the fact that you're using skeletons, and should be no different from any other CAD Document.  Use Actions, Manage Security to investigate permissions (ACL's) for each, at the current state.

Since it says "Secured Action" in the message, it likely relates to Modify / Modify Content permission at the current state.  It's possible that someone set up a more advanced configuration of storing skeletons in a folder with a different domain mapping such that there are additional ACLs applied (e.g. Deny Modify to certain groups).

Top Tags