cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Weld Application in Creo 4.0

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst

Weld Application in Creo 4.0

Anyone try the new weld functions in Creo 4.0 ?

Couple questions, 1. modifying note behind the tail & 2. edge prep: specifically where the cut should exist in the part or as a cut in the assembly.

Tail symbol

If one wants to modify behind the tail of the weld symbol in Creo 4.0 weld tool (not a drawing symbol) With a symbol in drawing it's easy. In Creo 4.0 weld tools however I struggle modifying from the default number into a note. Ideas how to modify behind the tail of a weld symbol (not drawing symbol)  Notice in the attached picture that tail counts 1-4.  Since that tail area is for added notes I should be able to modify that note from a digit to a legitimate note.

Edge Prep

If I apply a weld with a V or J-groove into a weldment as edge prep, don't I want that edge prep to exist in the assembly as an assembly cut?  Shouldn't there be an option or choose within the tool?    Creo 4.0 seams to default to the part at this time.

In the past as w/ the big Tractor Companies we at Design Engine have always administered classes as to apply the prep cuts as assembly functions. With the new Creo 4.0 weld tool I have struggled to make that edge prep as an assembly function. I can use simplified reps in the part to turn it off in the part... however I feel like I'm missing a config setting. Instead the tool defaults to a part cut. I wonder if the development team made a mistake or I am mistaken and don't notice the config.pro or some other setting.

Last question

Why does Microsoft word and google docs not recognize the word weldment ....  The word was first used by welders just before WWII  FYI

Weldment | Definition of Weldment by Merriam-Webster

Ideas, thoughts?

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

2 REPLIES 2

I figured out how to change the reference on the weld symbol. To add your text  you have to create a weld process and assign it to the weld. In the weld process dialog you can put your note in the "Specification number" field. you have to regen for the symbol to update with the new note. On mine it still showed up with a number in front of the note until I went Preferences in the weld ribbon and selected General on the left and the General tab in the Preferences dialog and unchecked "Display sequence ID". This will keep the number from showing on weld symbol tail..I think. I noticed when I check the box again the number doesn't show back up so now I am wondering if that is the correct box to uncheck. I can't decide if this is working as intended or a work around 😕

I now see that what I really did to make the number go away was to redefine the weld and under options I unchecked "Display Sequence ID"

Top Tags