cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Where are the "formats" in the "System Formats"?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Where are the "formats" in the "System Formats"?

I have a path set up in the default "config.pro" for my users to get them to the correct folder, and I have the approved formats loaded there, but people still have access to the default formats, and in fact in creo it's the default set of formats that come up first. I do not want this. What I have done for WF4 is put a format in the folder with the name: "1_DO_NOT_USE_THESE_FORMATS.frm.1" which ends up at the top to warn the newer users not to use these. For WF4 it does not automatically get to the correct formats, but at least I can see the "warning" format file. For creo, I can't seem to find the location of the standard formats used by creo to add this "warning" format. I've searched the loadpoint directory (in our case - W:\), and can't find these formats anywhere.

Now, I know there was some glitch that no matter what you set as the path, it didn't directly put you there, but why can I see the "warning" file in WF4 and not creo? Any ideas?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I found 'em. Since we decided to do a local install of creo, there is a folder on our C:\ drives, and that's where the formats are located.

There is a bug where no matter where you set the path for the formats in your config.pro, it doesn't look there, but instead defaults to this local drive. I'm going to move everything out of it and see if this fixes things, since we don't want to use these anyways.

Here is where I found the formats locally:

CREO_LOCAL_FORMATS_LOCATION.JPG

Well, I found the location. Bad news is that Pro/E STILL wants to go there no matter what the path is set to. So, I just renamed the folder (to: "delete formats") so I can't see the files anymore. I think I'm going to change all my users folders as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

For my install there is a Common Files\M030 directory that contains formats for drawings.

Hi Frank Sir

In our practice

1.We keep our formats in a folder and set pro_format_dir in config

2.Remove the system formats from that folder

But you follow some different process

Can you explain your process with some snapshots please.

Because Wanrning format concept is new for me

Regards

K.Mahanta

Ok, I found 'em. Since we decided to do a local install of creo, there is a folder on our C:\ drives, and that's where the formats are located.

There is a bug where no matter where you set the path for the formats in your config.pro, it doesn't look there, but instead defaults to this local drive. I'm going to move everything out of it and see if this fixes things, since we don't want to use these anyways.

Here is where I found the formats locally:

CREO_LOCAL_FORMATS_LOCATION.JPG

Well, I found the location. Bad news is that Pro/E STILL wants to go there no matter what the path is set to. So, I just renamed the folder (to: "delete formats") so I can't see the files anymore. I think I'm going to change all my users folders as well.

Top Tags