cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

software to simulate impact forces

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

software to simulate impact forces

Can anyone provide titles of software that can simulate explicit dynamics / impact forces / high speed collisions? Can you provide the estimated costs for these softwares?

Background: Our company only uses Pro/E (3.0~5.0) for product development. Recently we have become involved with designing plastics parts for the sporting goods industry. A possible scenario for simulating could be a baseball colliding with the batter's helmet. I want software in whcih I can input the speed and mass of the ball and determine if a model of the helmet will fracture (as well a showing the stresses even when failure does not occur). The best software solution would be an add-on / plug-in for Pro/E.

To rephrase (or possible simplify) my needs: What software can simulate and analyze the forces, stresses, and strains involved in the Charpy and Izod impact tests?

Note: I am a designer without an engineering degree, so, feel free to inform me of any incorrect assumptions I have made.

Thanks,

Kevin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags