cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

25.5"W x 11"L pageset confusion

cleccese
6-Contributor

25.5"W x 11"L pageset confusion

I have a foldout pageset in 5.4 Stylerthat is currently width="17in" and nomdepth="11in". I need to change it to 25.5in wide, but when I add even 1 inch to the width the text and graphics change their orientation on the page. All I did for testing purposes was add 1in to the rectopg/versopg width and the width of the 1 column flowtexts.

2 REPLIES 2
cleccese
6-Contributor
(To:cleccese)

Here is Ed Benton's reply, lost in the reply-to snafu:
"We had a similar issue with 6.0 when using 45-inch foldouts. We use Print Composer and the Adobe PDF printer. In order to solve this, we had to modify the printing preferences on the Adobe PDF printer to add a 45-inch page model.
Go to the Adobe PDF Settings tab and click the “Add” button on the “Adobe PDF Page Size line.
Then on the” Add Custom Paper Size” dialog, assign a new name to your new page and make the width 25.5.
Click Add/Modify on the “Add Custom Paper Size” dialog and the OK on Adobe PDF Printing Preferences.
In later versions, Adobe PDF (Distiller) can make pages up to 17-inches wide, but you need to define a paper size for anything bigger."
I forgot to mention that this was happening in File-> Print Composed to Adobe PDF, but not Print Preview or File->Compose-> PDF file.
Thanks, Ed!
cleccese
6-Contributor
(To:cleccese)

Solved...thanks Ed!

I could not do my job without this forum.

Top Tags