cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Adepters postings visible to poster?

AndyEsslinger
1-Newbie

Adepters postings visible to poster?

Curious: When you post to Adepters<">mailto::-> do you see your own posting? Before April of this year I saw all of mine, but not since. The only way I see it is if someone else replies and includes my post.

I also suspect that I don't see posts from certain others. I have seen several posts that include a reply from Ed Benton (LM Space Systems) but I didn't see his post when he sent it.

I don't find this desirable behavior because there is no good way for me to file my own posts (there is a mismatch if I grab a copy from the "Sent" folder.

I sent e-mail to -<">mailto:-> at the end of April 2010 and he forwarded it to an administrator, but I never saw a fix or received an explanation.

Does anyone have any influence to get the aberrant behavior changed?

-Andy
\ / Andy Esslinger LM Aero - Tech Order Data
_____-/\-_____ (817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd, Mail Zone 4285
\_\/_/ (817) 777 3047 Fort Worth, TX 76108

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, I see all of my posts. Occasionally I'll notice a reply to a post I never got, but not often.

Dave

Hi Andy-

Just an idea, but have you checked your spam filter settings/junk mail
folder? I wonder if somehow your posts and a subset of other Adepters
posts are getting routed to your junk folder.

--Clay

I also haven't been able to see my own Adepters posts, nor yours either, since around that time, Andy. It must be something Lockheed did to the mail servers.

Evan,

Do you have any influence on the Adepters<">mailto::-> mailing list? The list quit sending my own posts to me in April 2010. I have no way to tell if my post was sent to the list unless someone replies and includes my post as Clay did in the example below.

I have checked my SPAM settings and -<">mailto:-> is white - listed as "safe" and all mail from it goes to my in-box.

I went to ptcusers.org and checked al the settings I could find, nothting stands out.

-ANdy

You might try subscribing from a non-work ID. I see all my posts, in fact,
thanks to gmail, I see 'em twice. Not necessarily a solution, but if it
worked for you, it would support the idea that something may be going on at
your corporate filter rather than the list level. (Or a combination ... if
the list did something in April that interacts with your corporate filter.)

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Esslinger, Andy W <
-> wrote:

> Evan,
>
> Do you have any influence on the Adepters <:->mailing list? The list quit sending my own posts to me in April 2010. I
> have no way to tell if my post was sent to the list unless someone replies
> and includes my post as Clay did in the example below.
>
> I have checked my SPAM settings and - is white -
> listed as "safe" and all mail from it goes to my in-box.
>
> I went to ptcusers.org and checked al the settings I could find, nothting
> stands out.
>
> -ANdy
>
> \ / Andy Esslinger LM Aero - Tech Order Data
> _____-/\-_____ (817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd, Mail Zone 4285
> \_\/_/ (817) 777 3047 Fort Worth, TX 76108
>
>
>
>
>

I'm inclined to agree with Ed. Have heard very few folks mention this problem. The fact that you and Ed both have it, and both are at Lockheed, sounds like too much of a coincidence to me.

Steve Thompson
+1(316)977-0515

I don't think so. Others from LM don't have the problem (including some in my division (LM Aero), Ed is in another division (Space Systems)).

Now that's bizarre.

Steve Thompson
+1(316)977-0515

I would check to see if PTC is screening your address. I know that when PTC bought Arbortext, I had to get special permission to access this list due to my domain.

Dave

Dave,

Everything worked fine for me through Wed 3/31/2010 2:55 AM. When I tried to send something in April the problem first appears.

Just before I sent the last posting (below, dated July 29, 2010 12:18 PM) I changed my public address at ptcuser.org from LM to a Hotmail address on the theory that not having both a private and public address on file at ptcuser might somehow cause the problem.

Since from a LM Aero PC I can't log into Hotmail (or gmail or any other pop3 or HTML email server) it isn't very useful for business e-mail, but I don't know what else I can do to influence the exploder. Also, LM has been blocking access to the outside e-mail servers for several years to prevent employees from downloading personal e-mail to a company machine. This isn't anything new, so it's not the problem.

As far as I can determine, the only possible answer is that ptcuser is not sending anything I post back to me.

The solution might be to get someone that does receive posts that I send to send them to me as attachments so I can file them. It wouldn't work for Ed Benton because I don't see his posts and he doesn't see mine.

Maybe if I cc everyone I can find at pctuser.org something may get fixed or explained.

-Andy
Announcements

Top Tags