We have just upgraded to Arbortext 6.0 M020 are having multiple speed issues. Whenever we try to print preview, publish or print a document with graphics it slows down to a snails pace and will lock up the workstation. We have some people running Print Composer and some on PE Server, same issues with speed. We have been in contact with PTC and made several configuration changes to PE to accomodate large document processing however speed is still an issue. We havemaxed out thememoryon all workstations. Still having problems. We are contemplating backing back down to 5.4 since this is a major set back in our production process. Has anyone else experienced these types of problems?
Have you thought about going for M030?
M040 is due at the end of the month too.
We noticed that behaviour when one of our customers upgraded to 6.0.
We were to lucky to have only a few <att> to modify.
As for ACL, from 4.2 to 5.4, each version brought a net increase in speed. I hope 6.0 will continue that trend.
LCI TechPub Sud-ouest
In Reply to Ed Benton:
We also noticed that in 6.0 the logic in the FOSI seemed to behave differently. I can't remember specifics right now (we are still using 5.2) but I think I remember that we have some FOSI <att>s that check for the #NONE content of a text variable. In 5.2 if the text variable did not exist it was interpreted as content=#NONE. In 6.0 if the variable did not exist it was interpreted as having some sort of value which was not the same as #NONE so the <att> was returning a FALSE value. I am inferring this conclusion from the behavior and have not spent much more time analyzing it.
Like I said, I am a bit fuzzy on the specifics but I think I have expressed it as accurately as I can.