cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Arbortext video from PTC

ebenton
1-Newbie

Arbortext video from PTC

Just received an email via LinkedIn from Tom Kenslea of PTC . The LinkedIn post contained a link to this PTC video about Arbortext. It's mostly propaganda, as you could guess. It seems to focus on Arbortext as one link in a chain of PTC-provided products to produce a myriad of products containing PTC goodness. I'm not sure if it says anything valuable to me about Arbortext as stand-alone authoring/publishing software, which is how we use it. Maybe some of you might find this interesting.
1 REPLY 1

Not very impressive. It is low-budget, just a talking head (Brian Lindauer). I'd like to see video, animation, lasers, whatever, to promote the concept as well as the relevant PTC products.

I heard one mention of using the products "standalone." I agree that the point of the video seems to be that your best value is using Arbortext, Creo, and Windchill together, not standalone.

Interestingly, none of the products is mentioned by name, although he says twice that they are "best in class."

Suzanne

Top Tags