cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Associate a 3f file with a relative path

JeffStevenson
2-Guest

Associate a 3f file with a relative path

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to use a relative patch to associate a 3f file with a stylesheet. The properties dialog in Styler allows you to browse to a 3f file, but I want to make this location relative to the custom folder so I don't have to either configure it on each machine or impose a standard location. Although, there will be a standard location for all machines, I would rather have everything looking in the custom folder by default.

I tried using %APTCUSTOM%\path\my.3f, but the env. variable doesn't resolve. I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks,

-Jeff

2 REPLIES 2

This might be one for PTC Support. I'm not entirely sure Styler can do what you are asking. Ideally you should be able to drop your .3f file in the "custom/app" folder and Styler should be able to look it up from there, but I doubt that. I would be interested how PTC has planned this feature to work with custom folders.

Out of interest - if you hack the .style file by hand and force the .3f to a relative path, where does it end up being relative to? In theory it should be relative to the .style file.

There is also the xml:base W3C recommendation but I have no idea if that is supported for .style files.

Hey Gareth,

It looks like Styler will take a relative path to the 3f. I tried ../../mytemplate.3f and it took it. I wouldn't have thought that it would have accepted that on a Windows environment. Thanks for the suggestion!

-Jeff

In Reply to Gareth Oakes:

This might be one for PTC Support. I'm not entirely sure Styler can do what you are asking. Ideally you should be able to drop your .3f file in the "custom/app" folder and Styler should be able to look it up from there, but I doubt that. I would be interested how PTC has planned this feature to work with custom folders.

Out of interest - if you hack the .style file by hand and force the .3f to a relative path, where does it end up being relative to? In theory it should be relative to the .style file.

There is also the xml:base W3C recommendation but I have no idea if that is supported for .style files. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlbase/

-G
Announcements

Top Tags