cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Client composer returning 'Error response from e3: message = 'Error return '0' from PDF generator.'.'.

AllissaLeach
1-Newbie

Client composer returning 'Error response from e3: message = 'Error return '0' from PDF generator.'.'.

We just set up a new server to run PE 5.4. I can compose using our customized FOSIs but when I try to compose using LOGSA XSL files version 1.8, I get the following errors (The error log is very long so I just copied the tail end) See attached text file

I cannot figure out if it is a setting inthe e3config.xml file, java, or TOMCAT.

THanks. Allissa

1 REPLY 1
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:AllissaLeach)

Hi Allissa,

I don't recognize the error off-hand, so no direct help there. I suggest logging in to the PE server and submitting the composition request using PE Interactive which is essentially Editor on the server. You will most likely need to issue the following command from the command line in PE Interactive:

set peservices=off

That prevents PE Interactive from sending the composition request "to itself" over SOAP/HTML.

Anyhow, the point of all this is that the error messages are MUCH more human-friendly in this environment. You may get very actionable results that way.

Whether or not that helps solve your problem, you should join the Adepters mailing list where lots and lots of Arbortext users, admins, and developers hang out 24/7/366 (it is a leap year, you know!). Information on joining that list (as well as pointers to lots of other Arbortext resources) can be found here:

http://blog.single-sourcing.com/top-arbortext-resources

Good luck!

Top Tags