cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

FOSI error help?

ptc-953343
1-Newbie

FOSI error help?

I've got a FOSI that I have inherited and I'm trying to cleanup all the warnings I can before I start making my own modifications. I've got the following message which I'm trying to understand in the context of whatever the person before me was trying to do. Here is the warning: [A28114] Warning: Composition cannot support a change of within a pageset (from 216.81pt to 243.91pt). The used for an entire pageset is that of the from the first or element containing a attribute value of 2. [FOSI: "C:\CVS\DTDsFOSIs_CVS\doctypes\BAE-XML-2010\BAE-XML-2010.fos"] This is pointing this area of the FOSI: In the large context this fits in here: ?Pub Dtl> ?Pub Dtl> ?Pub Dtl> ?Pub Lcl _comment='The string looked like this: user[BO],\ \,docno.txt[BO]. The problem is that the save text string for user[BO] contains pseudo tags ?Pub Dtl> ?Pub Dtl> ?Pub Dtl> ?Pub Dtl> Any ideas or suggestions? ..dan --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Danny Vint Specializing in Panoramic Images
6 REPLIES 6

The error message indicates that somewhere in the pageset the column width is specified as something other than 3.375" (243.91pt). Are there multiple triplets (recto, verso, blank page) are in the problem pageset?

Look for a column width of 3.00" (216.81pt). (1" = 72.27pt)

David

David S. Taylor

Project Manager, Structured Information
Institute for Research in Construction
National Research Council Canada
Bldg. M-23A, Room 239
1200 Montreal Road, Ottawa, ON K1A 0R6

What the error is telling you is: there is at least one other page in the <pageset> with a <flowtext> with @numcols=2 and a child <column> with @width value _other_ than 3.375. All the pages in a <pageset> must have matching @width values for each particular @numcols value available on the pages.

Hope that made sense to you,
Steve Thompson
+1(316)977-0515

This is why I have found the pageref with pgidref so helpful, you don't miss the column width changes when you go into the change something 🙂

Ellen B Headrick

ok that sounds resaonable, any idea why they might have wanted something like this? Based upion your explanation it just seems to be an error in logic. I know they were trying to create some generated lists of stuff and I think this might have been associated with that, but why would they want a different column width? ..dan --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Danny Vint Specializing in Panoramic Images

I hope to clean up and get this thing manageable. It has been stepped on by a lot of people and it looks like at least one set of changes were done and then backed out. My extra twist is that I'm now applying this to a modified DTD that was an XMLized version of the SGML DTD and had a different purpose that stripped a lot of functionality (cruft) and made this an IETM rather than page oriented DTD. I'm now adding the page orientation back in 😉 ..dan --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Danny Vint Specializing in Panoramic Images

Almost certainly not intentional. Could have been a margin or gutter change on one page, for whatever reason, and the user forgot to go make the same change on one or more of the other pages. Only takes one page in a pageset that's different in order for this error to trigger. Might even be a page that never actually gets used.

Steve Thompson
+1(316)977-0515
Top Tags