cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Highlighted text not being replaced

ChrisChase
1-Newbie

Highlighted text not being replaced

Has anyone had this problem? Whenever I double-click on a text element to edit it, the text highlights as it should, but when I type in new text, the highlight disappears and the new text is added to the existing text instead of replacing it. I have to click and drag to re-highlight the already highlighted text (which is not an exact science - if you miss the begining of the text by a micron, it jumps out of that text element and attempts to create a new one) in order to replace the existing text. This is fairly new behavior that seems to have started spontaneously.

2 REPLIES 2

Hehe - I do have the same problem. But it does not occurs everytime - only sometimes. So I have the feeling that I do not a double-click but rather a double-click and after that a third click.
I don't know how to solve that problem - but what I did is that: I accustomed myself to push the shortcut strg+a everytime to mark all the text.

Yes, you're right - it only occurrs sometimes, which makes it even more frustrating. I was hoping that there was some hidden setting somewhere that I was accidentally triggering that could be turned off. The strg+a (ctrl+a?) shortcut is a good work-around idea though. Thanks.

Top Tags