cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How can I check which DITA file is referenced by a topic file or map file

ptc-5110902
1-Newbie

How can I check which DITA file is referenced by a topic file or map file

Hello there,

I was wondering if any of you could help me with this.

I have a DITA file named DITA file A (topic file/ map file) which references DITA file B.

Now, I have to make a change in the referenced file DITA file B, but I'm not sure if this DITA file B is referenced by other files or not.

If I change the DITA file B, I think it will also change the DITA files which reference this DITA file B.

Is there any way to find out if the referenced DITA file B is also used by other files?

Thank you very much in advance.

Tomomi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This tends to be a function of the Content Management System. For example in Arbortext Content Manager you can perform a "where used" query to solve the problem you are facing.

If you only have files on a filesystem then it may be easiest to do a "grep" type search over the files.

Cheers,

Gareth

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This tends to be a function of the Content Management System. For example in Arbortext Content Manager you can perform a "where used" query to solve the problem you are facing.

If you only have files on a filesystem then it may be easiest to do a "grep" type search over the files.

Cheers,

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Thank you very much for your comment.

I posted this on behalf of my colleague and he is happy for your anser.

He is going to give it a go now.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Tomomi

Top Tags