cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to resize images with Styler?

ptc-5110902
1-Newbie

How to resize images with Styler?

Hello there,

I would like to know the way to resize images in XML document by using Arbortext Styler.

Although I know the way to adjust the size of images in Arbortext Editor with attributes (width, height etc...), I am not keen to use this way.

The images are too big in the document at the moment, so I would like to make them look small through a stylesheet.

Could you give me any tips please?

Thanks a lot.

Tomomi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arbortext Styler does not size graphics.

It can create a pagesize to contain it or define an area into which it can be placed, using margins and indents. But without sizing the graphic or scaling it using the attributes mentioned, the graphic could overflow or under fill the designated area.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Arbortext Styler does not size graphics.

It can create a pagesize to contain it or define an area into which it can be placed, using margins and indents. But without sizing the graphic or scaling it using the attributes mentioned, the graphic could overflow or under fill the designated area.

Dear Timothy,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I will try to resize it with the pagesize.

Regards,

Tomomi

Hello Tomomi,

This article also discusses scaling/resizing images in Arbortext Editor:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS138335

Regards,

Jerry Tippie

Dear Jerry,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I didn't know about this discussion. It is helpful.

Regards,

Tomomi

If you select your element context, then select the Category: Tags, you can change Outputs to edit: to HTML File (which would just affect the HTML output), and click on the Add button, add the html attribute "width" and set its value in the text field to "80%", this will scale the graphic to 80% of it's width in the HTML output.

You can also set the PDF tag attributes (APP only) apparently.

Top Tags