cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is "Start At" numbering broken for sequences of type A,B,C,...?

MaryVDM
6-Contributor

Is "Start At" numbering broken for sequences of type A,B,C,...?

The use case I'm styling for is that we want to be able to publish one section of a document at a time, retaining compound numbering as if it were lifted from the whole document. So, I might want to number a section as "4B" and have all the automatic compound numbering underneath work as usual under that.

At the top level, I am able to style the title (numbering style 1,2,3,...) to start at a number designated by an attribute on the top (part) element at that level (as "4", for example).

One level down, however, the (chapter) numbering style switches to A,B,C,... and I am unable to style the title numbering to start at "B" (whether starting from a fixed start position or using an attribute).

By default, numbering for this level starts at "A", as one would expect. However, if I click on "Start at" at this level, it gives me a default fixed value of "1", rather than "A". If I set the fixed value to "2", this shows in the preview in the dialog as "B", but the published result is still to start at "A". It's as though this setting is being completely ignored.

Attempting to use an attribute to tell the numbering to start at B doesn't work, regardless of whether I give it an attribute of "B" or "2"; it just starts at "A".

Is this functionality broken for numbering sequences of type A,B,C,...?

1 REPLY 1
MaryVDM
6-Contributor
(To:MaryVDM)

Turns out, setting a fixed value of "2" (to indicate B) does work (my PDF output settings were overriding my base settings).

However, using an ancestor attribute set to "2" still isn't working for me. This is what I'm trying to do:

MaryVDM_0-1670037828455.png

Top Tags