cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Making a update in a ancestor node

rboneti
1-Newbie

Making a update in a ancestor node

Hi all,

I'm doing a custom index using the APP. In this index, I need to display the titles, some element's attribute and the respective pages. For this, I'm getting this informations on the element's and save in a 'application.variables'. The problem is that the index I'm doing, is render before I do it. Is there anyway for I use the informations I've saved to update the index?

2 REPLIES 2

Your description is a little confusing. The usual method for indexes in APP:

1. Create index control stream, which defines the index groups and how the index entries are to be formed.

2. Create index references at the relevant elements. These describe what structure, content and numbering to save away for each index entry.

3. Format with your index control stream, and you will see the actual index stream is created.

Now you can style and display your index stream as required. Each time you reformat with the index control stream your index stream will be updated.

Thanks!

I managed to do a upload in the ancestor node how I wanted, but always I have did it, the newest value overwrote the oldest.

The solution that I found, was use a global variable to store the informations and upload the ancestor node once with all the informations I kept.

Top Tags