cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mil-std-40051 support

LynnHales
1-Newbie

Mil-std-40051 support

For anyone out there who is using MIL-STD-40051-1 or 40051-2 (not 1A or 2A), MIL-HDBK-2361C IS FINALLY published and available on the ASSIST web page (all 1458 pages of it).

4 REPLIES 4

I have gotten a couple of emails telling me that they are having problems with the first link.

I have just checked it again and it is no longer valid. What I did was copied the link that the quick search had provided me. Apparently that is a temporary link and died when I closed the session.

I apologize for my mistake. The best approach is to use the second URL (be prepared to respond to a certificate error as it seems that ALL DOD SITES still have certificates for an HTTP or some other URL, and have migrated to HTTPS).

Once you are in, and I have had no problems (other than when the entire system is down) accessing the ASSIST data base this way. No login or CAC is required.

Again, sorry for the misleading link.

Lynn
---- Lynn Hales <-> wrote:
> For anyone out there who is using MIL-STD-40051-1 or 40051-2 (not 1A or 2A), MIL-HDBK-2361C IS FINALLY published and available on the ASSIST web page (all 1458 pages of it).
>
>

I just attempted to access the ASSIST database with the quick search and it appears to be down.

I'll try again this weekend or Monday and let everyone know what is happening.

Lynn
> I have gotten a couple of emails telling me that they are having problems with the first link.
>
> I have just checked it again and it is no longer valid. What I did was copied the link that the quick search had provided me. Apparently that is a temporary link and died when I closed the session.
>
> I apologize for my mistake. The best approach is to use the second URL (be prepared to respond to a certificate error as it seems that ALL DOD SITES still have certificates for an HTTP or some other URL, and have migrated to HTTPS).
>
> Once you are in, and I have had no problems (other than when the entire system is down) accessing the ASSIST data base this way. No login or CAC is required.
>
> Again, sorry for the misleading link.
>
> Lynn
> ---- Lynn Hales <-> wrote:
> > For anyone out there who is using MIL-STD-40051-1 or 40051-2 (not 1A or 2A), MIL-HDBK-2361C IS FINALLY published and available on the ASSIST web page (all 1458 pages of it).
> >
> >

Apparently the problems with ASSIST yesterday was it was down for some reason. I just tried both links and they are now working.

No login or CAC needed.

Lynn

> I just attempted to access the ASSIST database with the quick search and it appears to be down.
>
> I'll try again this weekend or Monday and let everyone know what is happening.
>
> Lynn
> ---- Lynn Hales <-> wrote:
> > I have gotten a couple of emails telling me that they are having problems with the first link.
> >
> > I have just checked it again and it is no longer valid. What I did was copied the link that the quick search had provided me. Apparently that is a temporary link and died when I closed the session.
> >
> > I apologize for my mistake. The best approach is to use the second URL (be prepared to respond to a certificate error as it seems that ALL DOD SITES still have certificates for an HTTP or some other URL, and have migrated to HTTPS).
> >
> > Once you are in, and I have had no problems (other than when the entire system is down) accessing the ASSIST data base this way. No login or CAC is required.
> >
> > Again, sorry for the misleading link.
> >
> > Lynn
> > ---- Lynn Hales <-> wrote:
> > > For anyone out there who is using MIL-STD-40051-1 or 40051-2 (not 1A or 2A), MIL-HDBK-2361C IS FINALLY published and available on the ASSIST web page (all 1458 pages of it).
> > >
> > >

Any ETA on the handbook for MIL-STD-2361D?

Top Tags