cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Teamcenter or Windchill for CMS?

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Teamcenter or Windchill for CMS?

Found this thread

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/5508

Looking for information on either or senario.

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bryon,

If you have Arbortext Editor to author and IsoDraw for illustrations then Windchill is the more prudent choice. The integration is already built for both your content and illustrations tools into WC. WC does a good job as well with asset management.

Regarding translation--Service information Manager, a flavor of Windchill, has the ability to manage translations with a buillt in translation managment system for xml content. It can take the most recent changes of the source language and associated languages bundle it up in a zip file for your LSP. Once translated by LSP, you take the updated translations into WC and the changes are automatically propogated back into the source and associated languages in WC. No longer have to pay for expensive lay-out fees form LSP. Great ROI and payback period for business justification.

Hope this helps--

Shawn Blaney

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Anyone? Someone out there must use CMS systems?

Bryon

Byron,

It depends--

What are you trying to accomplish with the cms? XML authoring and management? Or more just document

management? What type of content is it?

Is your organization already using Windchill or Teamcenter? What CAD tool are you using today?

A little more information would allow me to provide more perspective and get your answer--

Cheers, Shawn

We currently use Arbortext editor 6.1 and IsoDraw 7.3. We want it to manage all documents and images. What do you mean as XML authoring? We are also currently doing more translation so it needs to have the ability to manage that portion also. We are not using anything currently. Our CAD system is Solidedge ST5.

Bryon

Hi Bryon,

If you have Arbortext Editor to author and IsoDraw for illustrations then Windchill is the more prudent choice. The integration is already built for both your content and illustrations tools into WC. WC does a good job as well with asset management.

Regarding translation--Service information Manager, a flavor of Windchill, has the ability to manage translations with a buillt in translation managment system for xml content. It can take the most recent changes of the source language and associated languages bundle it up in a zip file for your LSP. Once translated by LSP, you take the updated translations into WC and the changes are automatically propogated back into the source and associated languages in WC. No longer have to pay for expensive lay-out fees form LSP. Great ROI and payback period for business justification.

Hope this helps--

Shawn Blaney

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:bfriesen)

Hi Bryon,

Let us know if Shawn was able to give you enough input for your needs, or if you have any lingering questions. Thanks!

lxie1
1-Newbie
(To:bfriesen)

Hi,

Now I search the CMS Module in Teamcenter, did anyone have the experience for it?

We can composite the document using the ditabase, the publication is using ditabase.dtd. So we can use only topic nesting topic.

<dita>

<topic>

<topic>

</topic>

</topic>

<topic>

</topic>

</dita>

But how can I using the DITA topicref editable map to reference? So that we can make a bookmap, such as ---part, chapter, then topicref...

Could you give me any tips please? Thanks!

lxie1
1-Newbie
(To:lxie1)

I changed the DTD, and make some different tag. But it's still a ditabase type, also the problem how to make a bookmap, for the DITA topicref, chapter ...

Top Tags