cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unanswered questions

mhatfield
1-Newbie

Unanswered questions

I'm new to this Arbortext Community, and Arbortext in general, and this isn't a question, merely an observation. I'm discouraged by the number of questions that appear to be unanswered. With all the "users" on this page, why isn't there a larger push to help other users? I and can't provide much insight or help to others, but my question hasn't been answered, either, and I can't believe that everyone else here is a noob like me.

Moderators? Experts? Where are you when your peasants need you?

4 REPLIES 4

Good question!

pnagai
4-Participant
(To:GarethOakes)

‌There once was a rich vibrant and noisy expert user community that was awake and chatty 24/7/363. For a long list of highly logical practical and efficient reasons the mailing list they frequented was acquired and converted into first another and finally this forum. The change from a push (the mail) to a pull (the forum) killed members' engagement in the community (as was foretold by list inhabitants).

Hi Michael,

Thanks for asking this question.

Yes, there are PTC folks watching the Arbortext space and as Community Manager, getting answers and making those answers visible is my priority.

There are some product spaces that are more active than others and I am trying to create traffic to Arbortext to bring in more people willing to share their knowledge.

In the short term, please contact me with links to discussions and I will see if I can drive answers to those discussions.

Best,

Toby

Hi, im in the same situation that you describe specially the discouraged part, did you find responses? Im interested in best practices, globalization, xml edition, debuggin aps and also styler but this feels like a ghost town

Top Tags