cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Variables in Arbortext using "keyword" (DITA)

ReicheltBert
1-Newbie

Variables in Arbortext using "keyword" (DITA)

Hi Arbortext experts,

we are working with Arbortext 6.0 M090 and DITA. I tried to work with the keydef-mechanic from DITA, to realize variables in our documents. I wanted to replicate this: http://www.extremetechwriting.com/2012/11/12/using-variables-in-dita/ and then adapt it for our documents.

But it seems, as if Arbortext has problems with keydef. When I add the <keyword> element in the <keywords> element, it doesn’t show up in the map. However, if I save the map and open it with another editor (e.g. notepad ++), the <keyword> element is in the code. Anyway, even if I fix the map directly with notepad++ and add a value to the <keyword>-element, Arbortext cannot insert the key in any topic. The key and its value do show up in the dialogue „insert“ > „key reference“, but it can’t be used. The button „insert“ is deactivated, allthough the cursor is on a valid position.

To maximize confusion: If I add the keyword reference manually in the topic, it neither uses the value from the key, nor the fallback value in <keyword> element in the topic, when processing the map for an output.

Is this a bug or is there a special trick to make keywords work in Arobrtext?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags