cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Which one is better? IsoDraw and Creo Illustrate

lguo
1-Newbie

Which one is better? IsoDraw and Creo Illustrate

Hi,

I am working as an technical illustrator. I installed some softwares as following.

• Autodesk Inventor
  • PTC Creo Parametric
  • PTC IsoDraw CADprocess
  • CorelDraw
  • Windchill
  • Arbotext Editor

I have two working process

• Open 3D model in Inventor  > Create 2D drawing as CAD file > Open the drawing in CorelDraw > Modify the drawing and export it to SVG
  • Open 3D model in IsoDraw > Create 2D drawing as CGM > Open CGM in CorelDraw > Modify the drawing and export it to SVG

I upload SVG to Windchill one by one.I think it will be easy to use if there is a link between Isodraw and Windchill.

There are two choices for me. IsoDraw and Creo Illustrate. I want to know which one is better.

Thanks.

br, Lily

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:lguo)

To say briefly - these software products are designed for a slightly different purpose:

• Arbortext IsoDraw - for creating 2D technical illustration (it has a good functionality for these purposes);
  • Creo Illustrate - for 3D technical illustration (including 3D animation).

Or you mean - better for connecting with Windchill PDM?

P.S. But apparently the functionality of both programs eventually merged into one new software.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

To say briefly - these software products are designed for a slightly different purpose:

• Arbortext IsoDraw - for creating 2D technical illustration (it has a good functionality for these purposes);
  • Creo Illustrate - for 3D technical illustration (including 3D animation).

Or you mean - better for connecting with Windchill PDM?

P.S. But apparently the functionality of both programs eventually merged into one new software.

lguo
1-Newbie
(To:VladimirN)

thank you very much.

I think they are both easy to connect Windchill PDM.

Not yet.

TimPhelps
7-Bedrock

Did you find the responses helpful? If so, could you let the community know by selecting Correct for the answer that assisted you most?

Thank you.

Top Tags